For your mid-way post of the semester, I want you to consider how the course has evolved so far.
- Begin by reading all of the class’s posts. As you reread them, take notes, critically reading your and your colleagues’ entries as if they were assigned texts. (You are not grading this work so much as commenting on it and noticing what you and the class noticed from week to week.)
- Then, compose a short analysis and reflection. This meta-post is open-ended and the exact content is up to you, although it should be thoughtful and directed. You should quote briefly from or reference AT LEAST FIVE of your own or others’ posts.
Some questions to consider might include:
- What has the class tended to write about?
- Are there broad themes or specific concerns that reoccur?
- Has the nature of the class’s posts changed in the past eight weeks?
- What changes do you notice, and how might you account for those changes?
- What surprised you as you reread your work?
- What ideas or threads in your posts do you see as worth revisiting?
- What else do you notice?
DO NOT ANSWER THESE IN LIST FORM – THIS SHOULD BE A SHORT BUT SUBSTANTIVE PIECE OF WRITING.